Sunday, January 25, 2009

Signs


I have been doing my fair share of reading prophecy sites as of late. Many I find seem to be more interested in selling their latest books then they are with presenting sound argument for what they write. I have found Bible Prophecy Today to be an exception and have gleaned much from their biblical perspective on the news.

From the website: BIBLE PROPHECY TODAY
Seven Major Prophetic Signs
Of The Second Coming


By Jack Kelly
There are seven major prophetic signs of the Second Coming, and for the first time in history all seven are in some stage of fulfillment. As in years past, I’ll list the seven with their primary biblical references and offer commentary from current events.


1. Israel Will Be In The Land… Ezekiel 36:24, 37:21

2. Jerusalem Will Be In Jewish Hands… Luke 21:24

3. A Moslem Coalition Armed And Led By Russia Will Attack The Holy Land… Ezek. 38:2-6

4. The Ancient Roman Empire Will Re-Emerge As A Political Force… Rev 17:9-10

5. The World Will Embrace A Single Religion… Rev 13:8

6. The World Will Accept A Single Government… Rev 13:3

7. Babylon Will Re-Emerge As A Prominent City In World Affairs… Rev 18:2-3

Read the whole article here.

1 comment:

  1. If I'm not careful I can spend too much time chasing after those signs. I want to be led by the Spirit in these things and not allow the things to cause my Christ focus to drift.

    Even so, come Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete