Friday, January 23, 2009

Now learn this lesson from the fig tree:


"As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near.
Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away." MATTHEW 24:32-35

No, no date setting here. We are told that we cannot know the day or the hour but the season is something different. Jesus told us to be watchful. To look and listen to the times.

Back in the 70's and 80's prophecy and end times discussions were all the buzz in Christian circles. The Lord used Hal Lindsey's "Late Great Planet Earth" to draw me to Him. I was fascinated with that book and became very interested in eschatology. The year 2000 and the infamous Y2K came around, I prepared for the worst, then nothing happened. So my eschatology got put on a shelf. I swore to myself that I'd never get hyped up about end times again. Well now I can't help myself. It's all just too obvious to me where things are headed.

Today prophecy is being fulfilled in front of our eyes. One just has to read and watch the mainstream news to see the signs. Global economic chaos, increasing tensions in the middle east, more and more threats of severe storms, earthquakes and signs in the heavens, and growing apostasy. The leaders of the world are all looking for a man to save us and are calling for a unified economic system, a one world government. This isn't fodder from some conspiracy website but it is in fact disclosed in the daily news. Meanwhile it seems that the Church is asleep at the wheel.

Where is the Body of Christ? Where is it's focus? Are we more occupied with church growth and ministries to please every pew sitting individual? Are we looking up? Are we hungering for the Lord and for His promised imminent return? The Church used to be, before it entered into the Laodicean mode.

"Peace and safety" is the mantra people are hungering for but there will not be peace until the Son of Man returns to set all things right. And if the Church doesn't wake up it will be looking for that wrong man as well.

No man knows the hour. The fig tree may be dormant now but summer will come and its leaves will soon appear.

I'm ready to go Home. How about you?

Even so, come Lord Jesus!

(Click on image for a larger view)

3 comments:

  1. Dave,
    Ah...your words match what I've been feeling in my heart, especially just in recent weeks. Although you are most certainly correct in that we have no idea of the day and hour, something within my Spirit detects we are living in a most definite season.

    I, too, am ready to go Home!!

    Come, Lord Jesus!

    Blessings,
    ~Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dave,
    I gotta wonder is THIS why the current shaking in my spirit, and that of many others who are shedding their religious cloaks. I just know that I am longing for Him, like I can't explain, and it's completely outside of ANYthing the church could hope to offer. It's SO unrelated to church-life, as I have known it. I'm seeing how church actually looks NOTHING like Him.
    Thanks for writing this, brother!
    Your words here hold great power. Thanks for releasing them into the world! :)

    Yes... Come Lord Jesus!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Free Spirit. Maybe what you/we are experiencing is a "reality check!" I'm thinking that the more we want Him the more He becomes intimate with us and the more we see and the more we desire Him all the more. The reality check comes in when we compare this wondrous reality with what the church (little "c") offers as its version of it... Jesus substitutes for the most part.

    Bless you, Sis. I don't take credit for any powerful words spoken or written by me but will attribute it to Christ in us, our hope of glory!

    ReplyDelete