Monday, November 17, 2008

Do we always have to agree?


For siblings in Christ to love one another, respect one another, encourage and teach one another... do we always have to agree with one another?

Is it necessary for a brother or sister to walk with another brother or sister to always see eye to eye, to always be "on the same page?" Or can we give one another space and freedom to move about as the Lord does His thing in each of us?

If you're excited over having had some revelation, some epiphany with something the Lord has shown you then I will be excited with you, even if I can't relate to your new found discovery. And if I come to you with a new found discovery and you can't relate to it or to me then I won't get upset or frustrated. I'll give you space and still walk with you as I hope you do with me.

Isn't it freedom that we've been called to? The freedom to let go of one another to allow God to have His own way with each of us. And the respect needed to grant one another, the space to say, "I don't always understand you... but I love you and will keep lifting you up to the Father who does understand us all."

With this attitude we can walk with one another in trust, put our differences and misunderstandings aside, and lift one another to Him, leaving each other in His capable hands.

This is how I see things. This is how I want to live.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained." Philippians 3:12-16
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 comment:

  1. Old habits die hard I guess. But keep killing them, Papa!

    ReplyDelete