Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Do I always have to be so pigheaded?


I must admit that my previous post (in case it wasn't obvious) was a personal frustration of mine. Maybe you could relate to it as well.

But I recently had an encounter with a brother where I assumed, terribly wrong, what he was saying. I took what he shared very negatively, very personally. And I festered for hours until I wrote that last blog piece to "get it off my chest."

It wasn't until later that God brought me to my senses (with the help of my brother) and I saw how wrong I was in assuming the worse from what my brother was trying to communicate with me.

You've heard the definition of ASSUME? It's when I make an ASS out of U and ME. That's what I've been told anyway and I certainly felt like an ass, a pig-headed one.

All is well now with my brother and I. I've apologized and have learned (again!) a good lesson. LISTEN before I speak!
- - -
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. James 1:19-20
- - -

1 comment: