Friday, December 2, 2011

Am I "worthy to escape these things?"

"Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.” Luke 21:36

Will I be counted worthy?

What makes me worthy? Is it my works? Is it my being 100% sure that I have forgiven everyone so that I may be completely forgiven? Is it being sure I've left nothing undone and that I've kept my life spotlessly pure? If so, I am in trouble and so are you.

Here's what (Who) makes us worthy:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."John 3:16-17

"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." John 17:3

"These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God."John 5:13

Here's what (Who) assures us that we have been made worthy:

"In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory."Ephesians 1:13-14

The Perfecter of our faith is the One who keeps us and assures us, that by His stripes we are healed, by His finished work at Calvary and our acceptance of His work and righteousness we are made whole and counted worthy.

I need reminding of this.

When I begin to doubt if my salvation is secure
And wondering how much more this life that I can endure,
I'm reminded of the time I gave this life of mine to Him
And the memories of all He's done come rushing back in.

- - -

M A R A N A T H A . . . Come Lord Jesus!

- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment